Sunday 3 July 2011

Hot dog - letter from America

(DAY 51/2) This warm weekend, we have big tides so there is masses of beach to saunter on. At 0700 its deserted and still cool enough for Ilo to manage a two-hour stroll. The tide was out so far we crossed the Rother estuary - at high tide the river accepts container ships - and Ilo thoroughly enjoyed getting her paws wet up to the elbows.



This week she is barely bothering to run after bunnies, but when she does it is comical...the huge belly swaying from side to side, unbalancing her completely so she soon stops.  Even in the cool house lying directly on tiles she has been breathing very heavily and is obviously uncomfortable with her massive undercoat. On Friday a fabulous cool-mat arrived from California (and a small neckerchief for me to aid in keeping my cool during the whelping). After a 45min soak in the bath and a couple of hours in the fridge it was ready to go. Its the first time I've seen her really comfortable for weeks. Great job Carmen Petersen, thank you so much!




4 comments:

  1. She looks very relaxed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of those mats for me :-) Ilo looks like she is taking it all in her stride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi can you tell me where I can purchase this cooling mat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Contact Carmen Petersen FL Breeder in the US.

    ReplyDelete