Sunday 24 May 2015

Week 2

It is a real progress week this one. First eyes, woofs, purring growls that sound exactly like Star Trek Tribbles and they can now hear and react to sound as well as vision.  Staggering round the box is now quite normal as is sitting up! Photos from week one and this week are now up here :-) Enjoy. They have had a fair few visitors. These I select carefully as they have to be people that Tykky is comfortable with and knows really well, as it is possible that too much activity would upset her and prevent her from mothering effectively. Of course she is delighted to receive guests :-) as is Ilo.

I have also had various discussions regarding names. As Mika is an overseas sire the KC have said I must send off my names 'yesterday' if registration papers are to go with pups as they are in a 'high volume' period at Aylesbury registration HQ.  It is a shame since last time I was able to let owners choose pedigree names,  but that is hard to organise fairly with some people yet to visit. A slight panic ensued, mainly as I had only just contacted Kati Soila Smith who helped me so generously with the phonetics.

I thought you might like to see her explanations:





 

Jieknja is N Sami for Ice and subject to KC approval I have had to allocate the names, so:

Carmine is Baldu = Iceberg/Ice Flow
Sky is Rudni = Ice Hole (for fishing)
Sienna is Suossa = Bay Ice
Pink is Duollu = Ground Frost
Aqua is Boara = Smooth Ice (after Spring snow has melted)
Silver is Cuokca = Ice Bridge over a river
Sunshine is Sealli = Melting Frost on trees


No comments:

Post a Comment